Click here for details of the Learning & Development Group and the exciting programme for its first meeting on April 19th at Llanishen, Monmouthshire.
LOCAL AREA COORDINATION STUDY (LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT) GROUP
(Severn & Marches Area)
Inaugural Meeting hosted by Monmouthshire County Council at
Llanishen Village Hall, Church Road, Llanishen, NP16 6QE
(See www.llanishenhall.org.uk for directions)
On Thursday April 19th 2012 from 10.00 – 16.00
Those of us who spend much of our time supporting public authorities to make practical sense of personalisation, and enabling the stronger citizens, families and communities implicit to this, cannot help but notice that, while circumstances and emphases are often very different, we are all confronting the same fundamental issues.
These, amongst many, include securing:
• investment in prevention rather than crisis support
• systems change resulting in genuine citizen choice & control and an evolving local culture of ‘personalisation’
• systems change resulting in more efficient and effective use of finite resources and abundant community assets as a consequence of first base (front end) contact with skilled and accessible professionals
• increased independence/self sufficiency – stronger and more connected citizens
• stronger families and communities
• sustainable reductions in loneliness and isolation
• greater opportunities for inclusion in local communities
• improved access to helpful information
• better access to specialist supports
• support to people not previously supported
• focused attention on what matters to the people who seek our assistance – a ‘Good Life’ – rather than a ‘needs and deficits’ modus operandi.
We’ve noticed that the leaders – managers and practitioners – who are wrestling with these issues in differing settings are inherently energetic, innovative, reflective, inquisitive and tenacious. They navigate real and perceived impediments, invent novel solutions, empower others to be creative, and get things done. It made sense to us to propose a forum wherein we can learn from, inform and reinvigorate each other.
1000 Welcome, Introductions and Scene Setting Bob Rhodes – Co-Director
Presentations – Our vision, achievements, learning and challenges
1030 Monmouthshire CC – Adult Services Julie Boothroyd et al
1130 Gloucestershire CC/Stroud DC – Services for Older People
Joanne Jordan & Patrick Graham
1215 Learning from Local Area Coordination initiatives in other parts of the UK
Ralph Broad – Director, Inclusive Neighbourhoods
1345 Powys Supporting People Team Adrian Jones et al
1430 Contributions from Neath Port Talbot and other authorities participating today
1500 A Vanguard Perspective on Local Area Coordination Richard Davis
Pulling it all together
1530 Plenary and Next Steps Bob Rhodes
By 1600 Day Ends
There is no charge for participants currently supported by LivesthroughFriends.
A fee of £40 per delegate as contribution to hospitality and facilitation expenses will be charged in respect of other participants.
LOCAL AREA COORDINATION STUDY (LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT) GROUP
ABERGAVENNY – THURSDAY 19th APRIL 2012, 1000 – 1600.
DELEGATE REGISTRATION FORM
Invoice for £40 per delegate should be sent to:
NB: Participants from Monmouthshire and Gloucestershire programmes are exempt.
Please return forms for all delegates to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th April at the latest in order that hospitality arrangements may be finalized.